Virtual call center
is a call center in which the organization's representatives are geographically dispersed. These people are not situated at work stations, they rather work from their homes or in small number of groups. People in small groups may open small centers to work. It provides the ability to extend the CSR desktop and telephony support to any place on the planet.
Virtual call center is simply defined as an approach to enterprise wide call center management that treats several geographically dispersed call centers as one. These call centers are largely inbound in function and are gaining popularity as companies look for alternatives to running a traditional, in-house call center or using an offshore outsourcer.
Benefits of Virtual Call Center
- IT infrastructure investment is significantly reduced.
- IT personnel and resources can be centralized for maximum benefit.
- Back-up and redundancy solutions can be significantly reduced in both scope and cost.
- It enables flexibility and agility in staffing call center operation.
- Supervision and control of all campaign data and call flow can be handled by your top personnel.
- International call centers can make phone calls within the United States greatly reducing toll costs.